The saying, “dress how you want to be addressed” cannot be overemphasized. Therefore, as we go about our everyday business, we need to ensure that we look good whatever the occasion.
Here are some basic style tips for Men:
- Whatever color you decide to go with, make it uniform. Belt and shoes must be the same color. If you’re doing a leather or rubber strapped watch, the color should also match your belt and shoe.
- No need to have over or even under-size clothes. Give the undersize ones out and have the over-size ones adjusted. Avoid the temptation to step out rocking what doesn’t fit perfectly!
- Again, get a tailor to adjust your trouser length. It actually costs very little to have this done. For those in Lagos, it costs N200 or thereabout in Yaba! Trouser cuffs should always break on top of your shoes.
- This is one of those very simple tips that makes all the difference. Pocket squares make your jackets/suits look so much better. A trial will convince you.
- There’s no long story here! Gym shoes are just that, Gym shoes!!!
- If you’re going to dress corporate then do so the right way. Button-down collar shirts are not meant to be worn with suits. Avoid this please!!!
- Always clean out your wallets regularly. There is no need to have all those old business cards and receipts, if they’re that important, file them, if not, throw them out!
- Please pick a struggle! Gold or silver, your jewelry should match. Don’t wear a gold watch with a silver bracelet, I repeat DON’T!
- Resist the temptation to use both suspenders and belts. It’s either one or the other. Let’s be guided please. Thank you good people!
- There are so many sun glasses out there. Find a few that match your personality, face-structure and style and rock the hell out of them!
Thank you for reading. Hope you learnt a thing or two. Please leave a comment and let us know what tips you’d like for us to share next!